Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Beginning Of...The Beginning

Hi! Welcome to my photography blog, "Nerd's the Word". I started this mainly because a good friend on mine wanted to keep seeing my photographs, and this was the easiest way I could think of to do so! Since this is the first post, I guess I could say a little about myself.

I'm an old teenager, fixing to turn the ripe old age of 18. When I was 13 years old, I got my first camera. It was old when I got it, the monitor being super small, the flash overly bright. It was pretty good for a starter camera. At first, I took simple, silly pictures. Make a face in the mirror, see if it's funny, then SNAP! It didn't take me long to start taking pictures of EVERYTHING. People, animals, random pieces of food, odd spots on the bathroom mirror...I had found my new obsession.

Eventually, I got a new camera for my birthday: A Canon PowerShot A570. If I could only use one word to describe this camera, it would be "EPIC". It changed the way I took pictures. I became familiar with Macro Mode, which is my best friend when it comes to photography. I began messing around with more creative perspectives, instead of a simple, straight-on picture. I discovered the blessing that is an SD card, and I also discovered that photography made me super happy.

I've now been taking pictures with my wonderful camera Victoria(yes, she has a name. Don't ask...) for about 3 years or so. There's so much more I want to tell everyone, but I think I'll just turn those into more blog posts later on.

Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment