Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Winner Pick Number 2

Our Winner Pick Picture number 2 goes to Tyler Gammons, who chose this picture...


Ah, such good times I had with this one! The idea basically came from my teenage fan girl mind; Me + Edward Cullen = Good. Any picture I could put myself in and be with Cullen was a good one, as far as I was concerned. I'm pleased to report that I'm not longer THAT obsessed with him OR his family(or his moody flake of a girlfriend), but I do still enjoy this picture and any others I made with him. Anyways, let's get started!

To do this picture, I first took pictures of my action figure(because that's what it is; an action figure. not a doll.), keeping in mind that I was going to place myself somewhere in the picture. So not only was I trying to get a good angle on this, but I also had to visualize myself into the picture.

After I got the right shot, it was time to take a picture of myself. I set my camera up on my bed and a few books(the days before i had a tripod. such memories...), set the timer, and went to go peak around my bookcase which was in my room. That really didn't take all that long. The only problem I had was trying to imagine where my eyes needed to be looking.

After I got all that done and my makeshift tripod put away, I opened up both pictures on Photo Impact 8. This picture was pretty much the easiest thing to do ever; All I had to do was use Lasso Tool to cut me out, size me down, and use the tiniest bit of Soft Edge ever around my body and hand. After I was in place, I noted how you could see some minor reflections in the plastic containing the moody vampire. I simply traced my hand yet again with the Lasso Tool then inverted and flipped it. After doing that, I had to make it almost completely transparent; Just enough to where you could just barely see it.

And there you have it! That's all there was to it. Is that how you thought it was done, Mr Gammons? ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment